By Kyle J. Norton
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it’s news, the karate GB daily, etc,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com
Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada – Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
During the last stage of the menstrual cycle, normally a layer of endometriosis lining on the inside of the uterus is expelled, known as menstruation blood, instead some of the endometriosis tissues grow somewhere in the body to cause endometriosis. Endometriosis also react to hormone signals of the monthly menstrual cycle, by building and breaking up tissues and eliminating them through menstrual period.
Vitamin C, also known as L-ascorbate is a water soluble vitamin with a chemical structure formula of C6H6O6 and cannot be stored in the body for more than 24 hours. We are required to take it regularly. It is also best known for it’s antioxidant property in strengthening the immune system.
1. Immune system(1)
Vitamin C plays an important role in strengthening the immune system because of it’s powerful antioxidant property(2). It helps to guard our body against the forming of free radicals(3) and abnormal growth of endometrial cells in other parts of the body.
2. Increase absorption of digestive system
Most women with endometriosis are found to have deficiency of some kinds of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B complex, folic acid, zinc, and magnesium. Increasing intake of vitamin C not only helps to improve digestive absorption(6)(7), but also increases the body’s function in fighting against all kinds of diseases(8) including endometriosis.
3. Endometrial related pain
Besides helping strengthen the liver function to balance the estrogen level(5) during menstrual cycle, vitamin C also balances the level of prostaglandins hormones in the prostaglandins family resulting in the calming of over-active uterine muscles(4).
4. Reduce heavy blood flow and blood clotting(10)
Vitamin C not only helps to protect the breaking off of the capillaries that cause heavy blood flow(11) for women with endometriosis during menstruation but also prevents blood clotting(9) caused by reduction of prothrombin, thrombin, and thrombokinase concentrations in the body.
5. Decrease infection and inflammation
Vitamin C helps in protein metabolism. It not only provides our body with certain necessary proteins but also blocks the synthesis of vital proteins that cause infection(14)(15) and inflammation(8)(12)(13).
Back to Obesity’s Complications http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/obesitys-complications.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1)[Vitamin C and its physiological role with respect to the components of the immune system][Article in Czech] by Holmannová D1, Koláčková M, Krejsek J.(PubMed)
(2) Vitamin C. Give a boost to your immune system by Webb R.(PubMed)
(3) Antioxidants, inflammation and cardiovascular disease by Mangge H, Becker K, Fuchs D, Gostner JM.(PubMed)
(4) Antioxidant supplementation reduces endometriosis-related pelvic pain in humans by Santanam N1, Kavtaradze N, Murphy A, Dominguez C, Parthasarathy S.(PubMed)
(5) Vitamin E, Vitamin C, or Losartan Is Not Nephroprotectant against Cisplatin-Induced Nephrotoxicity in Presence of Estrogen in Ovariectomized Rat Model by Nematbakhsh M1, Pezeshki Z, Eshraghi-Jazi F, Ashrafi F, Nasri H, Talebi A, Safari T, Haghighi M, Mansouri A.(PubMed)
(6) [Diminution of digestive absorption of vitamin C in the course of cirrhosis].[Article in French] by WARTER J, SCHIRARDIN H, METAIS P.(PubMed)
(7) [Vitamin C treatment of digestive disorders from intolerance to PAS absorption].[Article in Undetermined Language] by PICHAT.(PubMed)
(8)Vitamin C as an antioxidant: evaluation of its role in disease prevention. by Padayatty SJ1, Katz A, Wang Y, Eck P, Kwon O, Lee JH, Chen S, Corpe C, Dutta A, Dutta SK, Levine M.(PubMed)
(9) Impaired capacity for acute endogenous fibrinolysis in smokers is restored by ascorbic acidby Kaehler J1, Koeke K, Karstens M, Schneppenheim R, Meinertz T, Heitzer T.(PubMed)
(10) [The significance of changes in the functional properties of blood platelets, factor XIII activity and fibrin clot quality in the pathogenesis of hemorrhagic diathesis secondary to experimental vitamin C deficiency].[Article in Russian] by Sushkevich GN, Khnychev SS, Oĭvin VI.(PubMed)
(11) Functional menorrhagia: treatment with bioflavonoids and vitamin C by COHEN JD, RUBIN HW.(PubMed)
(12) Effect of high-dose intravenous vitamin C on inflammation in cancer patients by Mikirova N1, Casciari J, Rogers A, Taylor P.(PubMed)
(13) Vitamin C further improves the protective effect of glucagon-like peptide-1 on acute hypoglycemia-induced oxidative stress, inflammation, and endothelial dysfunction in type 1 diabetes by Ceriello A1, Novials A, Ortega E, Canivell S, La Sala L, Pujadas G, Bucciarelli L, Rondinelli M, Genovese S.(PubMed)
(14) Effects of high dose vitamin C treatment on Helicobacter pylori infection and total vitamin C concentration in gastric juice by Jarosz M1, Dzieniszewski J, Dabrowska-Ufniarz E, Wartanowicz M, Ziemlanski S, Reed PI.(PubMed)
(15) Vitamin C Is an Essential Factor on the Anti-viral Immune Responses through the Production of Interferon-α/β at the Initial Stage of Influenza A Virus (H3N2) Infection by Kim Y1, Kim H, Bae S, Choi J, Lim SY, Lee N, Kong JM, Hwang YI, Kang JS, Lee WJ.(PubMed)
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page